Senior scientist (DR) CNRS, BOREA ‘Biology of Aquatic Organisms & Ecosystems’
MNHN, UPMC, Normandie Université, CNRS-7208, IRD-207
14032 CAEN cedex 5
Previous position 1999-2012
Assistant professor in La Rochelle University
UMR7266 ‘Littoral, Environnement et Sociétés’, CNRS - Université de La Rochelle
2, rue Olympe de Gouges, 17000 La Rochelle, France
Ecological modelling, ecological network analysis, marine ecology, food-webs numerical analysis, ecosystem health indicators, offshore wind farm, socio-ecosystem models.
• 2005: Habilitation to research direction, La Rochelle University.
What do we learn from emerging properties of static models of trophic networks, about the functioning of coastal ecosystems under human pressure?
• 1995–1998: Doctorate from Perpignan University & Ecole Pratique des Hautes Etudes
Modelling the functioning and stability of the planktonic food web of an atoll lagoon (Takapoto, French Polynesia).
• 1994 – 1996: Engineer school specialized in Environment (ENGREF)
• 1993 – 1994 : Master in Data Analysis and Modelling of Biological Systems, Lyon 1 University
• 1991 – 1994 : Specialization in Molecular, Cellular Biology and Population Genetics (Ecole Normale Supérieure de Lyon)
• Responsibilities :
2014-present: Vice president of the Scientific Council of the Seine River Estuary
2012- present : leader of the transversal axis about Climate change across levels of organisation of the laboratory BOREA
2011-16 : Involved in the Marine Framework Directive implementation as leader of the OSPAR expert group on “food webs” (ICG-COBAM) and as scientific advisor for the Ecology and Environment Institute (INEE) of the CNRS. Coordinator of a transverse axis in Climate change in the BOREA research unit.
Student advising: director of 5 Doctorate students and co-advisor of 7 doctorate students, 6 master students and 10 other students.
• Teaching: 2600 hours of teaching, mainly about computational ecology and statistics for ecology